Welcome! Here we offer
A free eleven part Mini-Course on Shifting Society's Goals, delivered one per week.
Occasional Updates on the work of this Sustainability Project/7th Generation Initiative. No more than one a month.
We hope that from this foundation to stimulate an exchange of ideas and experiences that participants are having with any approaches to redirecting society toward a sustainable future. What is obvious to one person may be a real eye opener to another. Together we might yet shift the direction in which our species is heading.
When you fill in this form, you will receive (approximately) monthly updates about ongoing efforts
to help society realize - and to act on the realization - that we've got
to stabilize human activity within our planets limits.
In addition, two exciting new initiatives are now available:
1) The first, our free Mini-Course, offers you foundational material on cultural evolution, particularly as it applies to shifting toward sustainability. This material will help you to imagine creating a better world. This mini-course is prerequisite for participation in the Shifting Society's Goals Think Tank.
The Mini-Course is about:
- economics for the coming era,
- social change, andYou can start receiving this series of short articles and videos right away by clicking here. They'll arrive in your in-box, one per week for eleven weeks. (You may cancel at any time.)
- the challenge of shifting society's goals.
2) If you find the material presented in the Mini-Course of interest, we'd welcome your thoughts and experience around the task of redirecting the efforts of our society away from perpetual expansion and toward sustainability.
We hope to engage your thoughts, imagination and creativity, along with that of others, for the task of evolving our societies' understanding about stabilizing human activities within planetary limits. When that goal is recognized, viable policies and actions will follow.
While the prospects sometimes look bleak, humankind will change to accommodate planetary limits. What we don't know is how much confrontation with those limits it will take before we come to respect them. It is entirely possible to manage our world in ways that offer humans a long and satisfying future. We hope you will appreciate the monthly updates, become familiar with the background materials in the Mini-Course and join this effort to shift society's goals toward sustainability.
- Sign on for monthly updates here,
- The mini-course on sustainability, cultural evolution and shifting society's goals here, and